Commitment to Privacy
Commitment to Privacy
POLICY: The Rose makes every effort to keep all patient and donor information confidential. Patient and donor information is not sold, traded, distributed, or conferred to any source outside The Rose.
PROCEDURE: Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our website.
- The Rose is committed to maintaining the privacy of every patient’s Protected Health Information (PHI), while providing high quality medical care and is in compliance with the regulation known as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). Each patient receives a full written Notice of Privacy Practices that explains their rights in detail. (To view our HIPAA privacy practices online, click here.)
- Board, Volunteers, Vendors, Contractors, and Employees are required to complete a Workforce Confidentiality Agreement that is maintained for permanent record.
- A statement of privacy is included on solicitation letters and donor information forms and on the website.
- Publicity of donations is allowed with expressed written/verbal permission from the donor.
- Board members are volunteers and, as such, have the same right to privacy as volunteers, which includes that any public information is limited to the name and corporate affiliation as may be necessary for compliance in non-profit governance. Any other information must have expressed permission by the Board Member.
The Information We Collect
- This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the The Rose’s website. On some pages, you can make online donations. The types of personal information collected at these pages are: name, address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card information
- On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you make a donation in someone’s honor/memory, the recipient or their family can be notified if you would like. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are: name and address.
The Way We Use Information
- We use the information you provide about yourself or someone else only to fulfill that donation.
- We do not share this information with outside parties.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not shared with outside parties. You can register with our website if you would like to receive our newsletter as well as updates from The Rose.
- We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 281-484-4708.